Update: Registration will remain open until the day of the conference, but if you wish to attend the field trip please register for these items before January 16th.
To register for The Present-Day Habitability of Mars conference, visit this website:
Through the registration process, you will be able to:
- Pay conference fees
- Reserve and pay for accommodations in the UCLA Guesthouse (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Sign-up for optional activities
Breakdown of Conference Costs:
- Professional Registration: $150
- Student Registration: $80
- UCLA Student Registration: Free (see instructions below)
- Single Day Registration: $80
- Conference Dinner (held on the evening of February 4th at a fine dining establishment in Westwood Village): $45
- Field Trip to JPL (will include a packed lunch): $40
- Lodging (in the UCLA Guesthouse)
- Shared room (Total for Monday and Tuesday night stay): $163/person
- Shared room (Total for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night stay): $244/person
- Single room (Total for Monday and Tuesday night stay): $316
- Single room (Total for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night stay): $474
UCLA Students: iPLEX has waived the conference fee for UCLA students, but students who plan to attend the conference dinner or field trip should still pay for those items using the above link. UCLA students who do not plan to attend any optional activities still need to RSVP. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, department, e-mail address, what days of the conference you plan to attend, and any special requests you may have (i.e. dietary requirements).
Remote Participants: There is no registration fee for remote participants.
To submit an abstract for the conference, visit our abstract submission page. The deadline is January 15th and the final program will be announced January 20th.
A limited amount of student travel support is available from JPL’s Mars Program Office. If you qualify and intend to apply, do not register until you find out whether or not you have received funding.